Friday, 13 January 2017

Dead Normal by D M Singh



I loved this book!
I enjoyed the wonderfully quirky multi-faceted characters and the sweet, yet awkward romance between Amanda and Derek.
I giggled at the humour, the banter between friends and the situations they find themselves in.
I was surprised at the unexpected plot twists and the fantastic ending.













Synopsis:

"My name is Amanda and at the ripe age of 23 I'm dead. I got the biggest shock of my after-life, when I discovered that what I thought was a near-death experience was just...death. What could be weirder than that you say? I just met death and his name is Derek."

Amanda discovers that in order to move on, she must experience the things she never did while alive, Accompanied by her very own Grim Reaper.



The Author:

Dawn Singh always found comfort in books as a child and from a young age and could be found reading or writing. Her first attempt at fiction was at 10 years old and was entitled Hippo In The House. Dawn wrote and illustrated the book about a little girl, who returns from home to find a Hippo in her bath tub and the trouble they get into trying to return the Hippo to the zoo .

This was a turning point as Dawn decided that from that moment on the only thing she wanted to do was write, she also decided that she would never be an illustrator as her drawing skills were somewhat lacking to say the least.

Fast forward a few years after school and Dawn married, had three children and completed a degree in counselling and psychology. She returned to writing in 2005 when she had an overwhelming flood of ideas for several stories and began writing immediately at every opportunity.

Dawn’s first book is the first of a trilogy she is currently still completing, as well as other books she is currently working on. Dawn is heavily influenced by YA novels, Sci-fi and fantasy, being a huge fan of the genres.

Dawn currently resides with her husband, two daughters, son and cat Mario in Bradford, west Yorkshire in the UK.

No comments :

Post a Comment