Friday, 30 December 2016

Dark Hearts by Abby Greenwood

A quick and easy read that kept me interested.

The story was well thought out and well written, with a few twists.

The characters could have done with a bit more depth, as I didn't feel as though I got to know them very well.


I received a free ecopy of Dark Hearts through Kindle Scout.











Synopsis:

LAPD Detective Kate Monroe's parents are brutally murdered by werewolves, who are now accepted by most as part of mainstream society. She has no choice but to accept them and accept that her attitudes toward them are best kept under wraps.

Kate is strong willed and outspoken - two qualities that often put her at odds with her bosses within the LAPD. There is one thing that Kate lives for, it's her job. Working as a homicide detective is what she loves. It's who she is. It defines her.

Someone is killing shifters in the city, and as the body count continues to rise, Kate and Brennan, her new Shape shifter partner, must find a way to work together as the city tears itself apart out of fear and bigotry - the very same things Kate and Brennan are struggling to overcome.

Will Kate overcome her hatred of shifters?

Will she find who is behind the brutal murder of her parents?

Find out by purchasing Dark Hearts, the first in the series of paranormal detective crime thrillers by Abby Greenwood.



The Author:

My books combine Paranormal adventure with murder, mystery, and mayhem with a healthy dose of humor. The "Dark Hearts" series of Paranormal crime thriller books have consistently hit the top five Amazon paid bestseller lists in Crime Thriller Fiction, and can be read and enjoyed in any order. (Although to get the best from my series its best to read in order. You can check out the entire series here: http://www.amazon.com/Abby-Greenwood/e/B01AV1QPVK/ (just copy and paste into your browser)

I am originally from Staffordshire in England. I now live in New York after moving here with my husband Ron, almost five years ago. We now live in a wonderful brownstone in Brooklyn with our sixteen year old daughter, Alexandra.

Ron works in a lawyer's office in town and Alexandra is just studying for her final exams. She would like to go to college to train as an English teacher when she finishes school, and I have every faith in her abilities. After all, she has always seen me around books, and therefore it came as no surprise to us when she announced her interests in teaching English for a living.

I have always wanted to be a writer, and actually penned my first story at the age of ten after devouring books from the time I learned to read. Much to my embarrassment now, my first favourite author was in fact Enid Blyton, but as I approached my teens, I progressed onto the likes of Jackie Collins and Harold Robbins.
~Abby Greenwood

No comments :

Post a Comment