Tuesday, 29 November 2016

Dragonhome by Rick A. Mullins




A unique sci-fi action book, that follows the adventures of a group of humans after they are unexpectedly transported to another world, where dragons are the dominant beings.

I was captivated by the detailed storyline and fantastic world building.
It was a clean and fun read, that left me wanting more.











Synopsis:

Gordon Barrow is traveling a crowded highway when lightning strikes an overpass and opens a portal to another world. Traveling at highway speeds, dozens of trucks, buses, and cars pass through the portal and find themselves stranded on an alien world when the portal disappears.

Resolved to spending the rest of their lives on this alternate Earth, the involuntary colonists meet and befriend the natives, then discover that their adopted world goes through a population surge every decade until starvation and massive die-offs allow the land to recover for another decade.

Just when they’ve figured out how to survive on their new world they discover that they are infected with the same parasites that have extended the lives of every living thing on Dragonhome, the very thing that causes the cyclic population explosions.

Now they have found a way home using the same worldhole crystals that brought them to Dragonhome. But if they return they will bring their immortality infection with them, and with it introduce the same cyclic population explosions that decimates Dragonhome every ten years.



The Author:

I started writing immediately after reading my older brother's copy of "The Hobbit" at the age of twelve. After high school I served four years in the Air Force as a nuclear weapons technician, followed by a year in college at Ohio University then two years of working travel before serving four years in the Navy where I was the assistant fire marshal on the aircraft carrier U.S.S. Midway. After the Navy I spent another two years of working travel before returning to my home in Ohio and settling down as a factory drone and writing in my spare time.

I self-published (print on demand through Authorhouse) four science fiction novels between 1999 and 2001 before beginning my DreamQuest series, novels based on, and adapted from my actual dreams. With eight novels finished I have started putting them online through Kindle Books and my website DreamQuestBooks.com

My first e-books with Kindle include "Dragonhome" and "Magi" in the Worldhole series of parallel universes. The two standalone novels are "Circle of Magic" and the steampunk adventure "Godstone Mage". Upcoming books include "Floatstone Pirate" and "Crystalline Dreams" in the Worldhole series and the standalone novels "Mustang Riders" and "Troubadour".

No comments :

Post a Comment