Friday, 24 June 2016

The Guardians by Gina Moray

I enjoy a good horror story and having read Gina Moray's short story, Cemetery at Devil's Bend, I knew I had to read her debut novel, The Guardians, and I wasn't disappointed... it was everything I hoped it would be!

With this descriptive and wonderfully scary story, Gina had me gripped from the start and kept me on the edge of my seat as the gory body count rose and had me wondering who, if anyone, would survive the terrifying evil.

Not for the faint hearted, but if, like me, you like a good scary book, The Guardians is well worth reading.








Synopsis:

What’s a little deception and murder when it comes to getting ahead?

Runner’s Mill is a small, peaceful farming town, but not without its problems. Fourth generation farmer, Hank Smithson, is one of many, in trouble with substandard crops and underhanded tactics at the hands of his competition. Now he’s at risk of losing his home and livelihood. A mysterious stranger, known only as LaReux, offers him a solution to his problems. Hank quickly becomes seduced by promises of a successful harvest, and agrees to his help. He soon learns that success comes with a price and he will have to decide how much he’s willing to pay to survive.


The Author:

Gina Moray is a southern gal, born in New Jersey, raised in South Carolina, and currently living in Chattanooga, TN.
Gina started writing in 2014, primarily in the horror genre. Shwe grew up reading horror and read "Cycle of the Werewolf" by Stephen King when she was eight. After that, the rest is history.
Gina is a co-founder of Jade Frog Publishing, a wife, mother, and avid animal lover. She strives to write for a living someday and open a shelter for black cats and pit bulls.
Gina is the proud owner of more books than she can possibly read in my lifetime. and has never met a horror book she couldn't handle. When she isn't scaring people or herself, she also enjoy a good fantasy or thriller every now and then.

No comments :

Post a Comment