Monday, 4 April 2016

Annalise's Up and Down Day by Denise L. Jenne


25929747A wonderful little book for younger children, that takes them through the ups and downs of a day in Annalise's life.
I could easily imagine a series of books exploring different 'opposites'.
The writing was easy enough for young readers and the story short enough to keep them engaged.
(My grandson, aged 6, had no problem reading it)
The pictures didn't really appeal to me (or him), though!



I received an ecopy of Annalise's Up and Down Day from the author in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.



Synopsis:

This is the story of one day in the life of three-year-old Annalise. It follows her, through her daily activities, adventures, and misadventures on one summer day, as she explores the meaning of "up" and "down" in her world.


The Author:

Denise L. Jenne obtained her doctorate in Criminal Justice from Rutgers University in 1995. She has taught Sociology and Criminal Justice at state and online universities for almost three decades, and she is a published author in the field.
Outside of work, she enjoys music, reading, scrapbooking and time with friends. However, one of her greatest joys is being an aunt to her nephew and nieces -- including her great-niece Annalise. This is her first work of children's fiction.




Review by Dreydon (aged 6)



"It was very easy to read.
I already know my ups and downs but I could read it to my cousin - he can't read yet.
The pictures are ok, but a bit scribbly."

No comments :

Post a Comment