Monday, 28 September 2015

Stone Cold by Karina Kantas - Character Interview

Stone Cold by Karina Kantas - available on Amazon

YA supernatural thriller.


Billy has been a target of bullying through her years of schooling. Exams are over, but stress leads her to thoughts of suicide. It's her counselor that suggests she volunteers to assist in an archaeological dig in Scotland.

A secluded hostel. The residents start dropping like flies. Billy knows who the murderer is. Shane knows he's next to die.


***

Hi Billy, I'm glad you could join me today.
Before we dive into the questions, could you tell me a little about yourself.
Hi I'm Belinda. I've never liked that name so call me Billy please. I'm nearly 17. 
Umm... I Iike music and films, especially movies from the eighties like The Navigator, Flash Dance and Poltergeist. I love those. 


You were bullied a lot a school, how did that make you feel?
How do you think it made me feel? Worthless, hated, depressed, and angry, very angry. 
You know when you've been bullied from one school to a next you get to the point where you don't care anymore. You don't care about them or about yourself. 
It's when you've gotten that low that you really need to speak to someone. 


What is it like living with your dad? Do you miss your mum or anything about living with her?
 Not really, my mum wasn't much of a mother to me. Real selfish woman. I thought if I lived with my dad and he bought me nice things, that my mum couldn't buy, that I would be treated differently. 
That wasn't the case. I'd been labeled a tramp and a slag (God knows why) and so these labels followed me. It didn't matter that I was wearing high fashion and my hair style was on trend. I was still smelly tramp Belinda. 


What impression do you make on people when they first meet you and do you think their opinions change after they've known you for a while?
I'm pretty defensive now. I look after me and no one else. That can offend people. 
But you see I never did anything to warrant the punishment, violence and mental cruelty that I went through. I was a quiet, polite girl. I studied hard... well, at least through my first two schools. 
How do you pick yourself up after that? You can't. So you stop caring or giving a shit. 
You've heard of Karma, right? Well, they are going to get theirs. 


What was it like working on the archaeology excavation? Did you enjoy it?
Well, you know what happened. I've been told I can't talk about that. 
But from what I do remember. Archaeology is cool, a little boring - the cleaning part. But pretty exciting when you do find something. 
I've always liked history. I think I was the only one who wanted to see the church in the village. I love stuff like that. I may go back there someday and sit in the graveyard for a while... just to contemplate.


You spent a lot of time with Shane, what was he like and what drew you to him?
He just seemed really friendly and open. We clicked straight away. Yeah, okay, I thought he was cute, well hot then. 


What about the rest of the group, did you get on with them all?
They seemed nice enough. I wasn't really around them long enough to decide if they were nice people or not. 


You found something while you were digging, can you describe it? Do you still have it?
I... Well... - oh, yeah I found an arrowhead. The professor said it belonged to the settlement.


You experienced some 'lost time' while you were in Scotland, what did you think was happening?
Billy is not allowed to talk about this. You have been warned! 


How did you cope when the murders started? Were you scared? Did you ever think you might be next?
I don't really remember much, the professor said I'd been working too hard and the detective said I had a fever or something. I remember them carrying out a body from the Kitchen and someone screaming. Shane told me the rest. 
They were bad people They got what they deserved - or so I heard. 


Has Shane been in touch with you? Do you think he'll write or call? Would you like him to?
No. I tried to call, but the phone has been disconnected. 
It is okay. I do know where he lives and Billy can visit anytime. 


What do you want to do now? Do you have any plans for your future?
Well, the professor said I was very good at my job and I could sense things. I'm not sure what he meant. But I intend to do some research while I am studying culinary classes at night school. 


Thank you very much, Billy, it's been interesting talking to you. Before you go is there anything else you would like to add?
No one should put up with any form of abuse whether it is bullying, sexual, or mental abuse. 
You have a right to be heard. You have a voice so use it. Call this number if you ever need to talk to someone. 

USA

UK
Samaritans: 116 123
Childline: 0800 1111
NSPCC Helpline: 0808 800 5000

Do not allow this to happen.

No comments :

Post a Comment